Terms of usage
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Zen Risk Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 09052805 and our registered office is at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ. Our registered VAT number is 202 0071 88
- How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you a receipt for your purchase, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. This email will confirm the service (Service) you have asked us to provide you and we have agreed to provide you.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the Service. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the Service or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- What we are not promising to provide you and some other points you should
- Our vulnerability scan checks for the most common vulnerabilities in Web Browsers and Browser Plugins, however it does not check for all vulnerabilities and so we do not guarantee to find all vulnerabilities in all types of software;
- Completing all actions in the DynaRisk system will lower your risk but this does not guarantee you will not suffer a security breach. If you do not complete your actions in the DynaRisk system, your risk will not be lowered;
- Some emails sent from DynaRisk could be marked as spam by your email provider, if you have not received an email that you are expecting from us, please check your spam folder;
- We work hard to gather as much stolen information as possible to help keep you safe but we cannot guarantee we are able to obtain all stolen data on you;
- We do not pay to obtain stolen data and neither will we negotiate on your behalf for the return of stolen data;
- We may provide you actions that encourage you to upgrade old or out of date hardware and software, but any costs associated with the upgrading we suggest is your responsibility; and
- We rely on you answering our questions fully and honestly to allow us to assess and deliver to you an accurate security score and action list. If you do not do so, your cyber risk may not be lowered.
- Your rights to make changes If you wish to make a change to the Service please contact us immediately. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the amended service (Amended Service), the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 7.- Your rights to end the contract).
Our rights to make changes
- Changes to the Service or Amended Service. We may change the Service or Amended
- (a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements ; and
- (b) to implement technical adjustments and improvements.
- Changes to the Service or Amended Service. We may change the Service or Amended Service:
Providing the Service or Amended Service
When we will provide the Service or Amended Service. We will supply the Service or Amended Service to you until either the Service or Amended Service is completed or the subscription expires (if applicable) or you end the contract as described in clause 7 or we end the contract by written notice to you as described in clause 9.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Service or Amended Service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Service or Amended Service you have paid for but not received.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of the Service or Amended Service to you. We
may have to suspend the supply of the Service or Amended Service to:
- (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- (b) update the Service or Amended Service to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- (c) make changes to the Service or Amended Service as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 5.).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of the Service or Amended Service. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the Service or Amended Service unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the Service or Amended Service for longer than 24 hours in any 72 hour period we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for Service or Amended Service while it is suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for the Service or Amended Service if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 24 hours and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the Service or Amended Service in respect of the period after you end the contract.
Your rights to end the contract
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract
will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are
performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- (a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 10.;
- (b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 7.2;
- (c) If you have just changed your mind about the Service or Amended Service, see clause 7.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If
ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately
and we will refund you in full for any Service or Amended Service which have not been
provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- (a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the Service or Amended Service or these terms which you do not agree to;
- (b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Service or Amended Service you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- (c) there is a risk that supply of the Service or Amended Service may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- (d) we have suspended supply of the Service or Amended Service for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 24 hours; or
- (e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong including because we have delivered late.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms
- When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to
change your mind as far as is relevant in respect of:
- (a) services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running;
- How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you
have ordered and how it is delivered.
- (a) Have you bought services? If so, you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order. However, once we have completed the Service or Amended Service you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the Service or Amended Service, you must pay us for the Service or Amended Service provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please
let us know by doing one of the following:
- (a) Phone or email. Call customer services on +44 (0)203 086 8875 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the Service or Amended Service, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- (a) We may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the Service or Amended Service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Our rights to end the contract
- We may withdraw the Service or Amended Service We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Service or Amended Service. We will let you know at least 30 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the Service or Amended Service and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for any parts of the Service or Amended Service which will not be provided.
If there is a problem with the Service or Amended Service
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the Service or Amended Service, please contact us. You can write to us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the Service or Amended Service. The price of the Service or Amended Service (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Service or Amended Service advised to you is correct. However please see clause 11.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Service or Amended Service you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the Service or Amended Service, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Service or Amended Service in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong? It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the services we provide may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the Service or Amended Service correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Service or Amended Service correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard and American Express. You must pay us in full before we supply any services to you.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Service or Amended Service as summarised at clause 10.2. In all other cases, and in so far as is permitted by law, we will not be responsible to you for any damages or other compensatory payments to you of more than the price you have paid us for the Services.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Service or Amended Service for domestic and private use. If you use the Service or Amended Service for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 30 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for Service or Amended Service not provided.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. We may not agree.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Service or Amended Service, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings? These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Service or Amended Service in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Service or Amended Service in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Service or Amended Service in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.